Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Specials - Update

Has anyone had the opportunity to watch this show? I am in LOVE! I only caught one episode that was on the OWN channel over the weekend so I went ahead and bought Season 1, for only $27 bucks (10 episodes)! I really think my kids are going to enjoy this. A reality show with people just like them?? Fabulous!

Here is an excerpt from their website:
In-depth documentary telling the story of how Carol and Dafydd Williams set up "The Specials" home & helped their daughter Hilly realize her dream of living with her friends.

And here is what the OWN site has to say about it:

There is also a season 2 available~ I'll give you a good review after we are able to watch them. It will take a bit to watch 10 episodes but I promise to keep you up to date!

Here is the link to their site.

*UPDATE* I just received an email letting me know they have refunded my money for the video. Apparently Oprah owns all the rights to the shows for the next 5 years and they are no longer allowed to sell them to buyers in the USA. I will keep you up to date if Oprah starts selling them. So bummed :-(

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of this, although not surprising since I stopped watching TV about 5 years ago. I wonder if it's on Netflix? In any case, I would love to get your take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 11 year old son was telling me about this over the weekend. He Loves it! I'm going to have to check it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Search 1000s of job offers and find the best suitable position. Jobs near me from direct employers no agencies or jobs direct from top recruitment agencies & recruitment consultants. Send your job application to apply for a job with one click.

    if you want more just look here "jobs by firsearch"

    ReplyDelete