Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Cooking Classes

 I have taught ESY (extended school year) for the last 10 years and absolutely love it!  While sticking to my usual topics I teach, I try to make ESY a little more hands-on, interesting and fun. This year we are doing "electives" two days a week, and I signed up to do a cooking class!  Today we did fruit kabobs!!!

The concentration on their faces when they were cutting and skewering was priceless! 

The cutting boards I found at the 99 cent store and the lettuce knives I ordered online from Casa.com for about 4 dollars a piece. The kids picked their own fruit, cut it into bite size pieces and threaded them onto their skewers.  They did an amazing job and were so proud of their creations (which they promptly ate!)

Here is what else we are making this summer:  Rice Krispy Treats, Dirt Cups (complete with gummy worms) and Hamburger Cookies!  I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment