Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Cooking Class - Hamburger Cookies



Week 2Today we made these adorable hamburger cookies in our cooking class! The kids got a kick every time I said "add your mustard/ketchup now".  I think every one of them said at least once "I don't like mustard/ketchup/lettuce."  I had to keep reassuring them that it was frosting!  They were able to put these together all on their own.  Time from start to finish about 30 minutes.   

Hamburger Cookies:

Vanilla Wafers
Grasshopper Cookies (Keebler)
Yellow frosting
Red frosting
green tinted coconut

We mixed the coconut and yellow frosting ourselves.  I wasn't sure I could get a good red color for the ketchup so I bought that one already mixed and in a tube.


1 comment:

  1. I love these cookies! I made them for my son's class and the students went crazy for them! I love reading your blog! I get so many ideas from your posts especially now that I am heading over to middle school. I also teach ESY and Tuesday is our last day so finally some time off! I would like to nominate you for the Liebster award!

    Here are the rules of Liebster Award:
    1. Link back to the blog that nominated you.
    2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
    3. Answer the questions posted for you by your nominator.
    4. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
    5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
    6. Contact your nominees by commenting on their blog or sending them an email to communicate the nomination.

    You can get all of the information on my blog at http://anexceptionaleducation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete