Friday, June 8, 2012

Language Arts Assessment

Like I have said before, my students come to me with a variety of academic levels.  I usually will have one or more students who can recognize most of the alphabet, and than others who can do basic reading.  This year our plan is to assess the students, hopefully in the first week or two in the basics - time, math, money, language arts and life skills.  If everything works out, we are planning to divide the student into levels for certain classes and team teach.  This will be new for me, but I think I am going to love it.  I also think the students will get so much more out of a lesson when it can be taught more on their level.  Here is the assessment worksheet I am using this year.e
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Language-Arts-Assessment
.

No comments:

Post a Comment