Thursday, August 25, 2016

Student Interview Answer Sheet

 Here we are again. The beginning of a new school year trying to get these IEP's out of the way so we can stop worrying and focus on teaching. I am fortunate this year that I only have 3 incoming freshman, and another student with an IEP due the first week of September. So, 4 IEP's isn't so bad the first month of school. I've had worse. 
 
We have to do 3 assessments on our kids prior to their IEP. One is always aptitude and second vocational. The third assessment I usually do is a student interview. Asking the kids questions about things they like to do, what they need help with, what things they do at home independently and so on. I usually just scratch it on a piece of paper and that's that. Well last year we got dinged by the state for not having the assessments in their IEP file. Since I didn't want to add a piece of scratch paper to the file, me and my fellow teachers did a little brainstorming today and put together an answer sheet to the questions we thought most important for the interview. This way we can jot down the answers and have something nice to put in the file.
  
I will start mine tomorrow and might be making changes, but for now I think it will work well enough. I have added it to my store and you're welcome to pick up a copy for yourself if you would like. Let me know if use it and if it was any help

You can pick up your free copy HERE



Hope things are going well,



4 comments:

  1. I love this! Thank you! Would you mind sharing which vocational and aptitude assessments you use with your students? I'm always looking for new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually use mine, but starting this year we can't used the same assessments 2 years in a row, so I'm actually not sure which ones I am going to use. I'll let you know though.

      https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Special-Education-Student-Assessments-507928
      https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Vocational-Interest-Assessment-1182604

      Delete
  2. I'm a first year special education teacher, can I email you with questions please? Thank you! Melissa Lovell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! empoweredbythem@aol.com

      Delete