Thursday, January 15, 2015

Restaurant Skills

I finished the unit on restaurant skills and turned it in yesterday to my boss!! Along with each of these sections: Restaurants, Paying Your Bill, Restaurant Tax & Tip, Restaurant Etiquette, Table Manners, and some Restaurant Skills role play cards, I also have a video on manners that we will be watching and some Power Point slides someone was kind enough to share with me! Our end "plan" is to eat out a restaurant! One of my aides just happens to know a guy who owns a cafe in town. He is willing to let each of the kids eat for free! In a perfect world, my kids would be paying for their own meal, but I can't use any budget money for that or ask them to pay. They are also too keen for fake money, so this will be a lesson on kindness as well. I am going to have them leave a tip for their server for sure. Not sure how long it will take to hear back, but I think the kids will really get a kick out of eating out as a group if we can make this happen. I'll let you know how it goes!
Here is the link to the unit on TPT Life Skills - Restaurant Skills/Eating Out

4 comments:

  1. It looks WONDERFUL :)
    Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BlueHost is ultimately the best hosting provider for any hosting plans you might require.

    ReplyDelete