Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Halloween Dance & Skeleton Matching

In the past our program has put on a large Halloween dance for the kids which included pizza, pies, drinks, games, face painting, and plenty of snacks. We actually own a sno-cone machine, a nacho cheese dispensing machine, a popcorn machine and a cotton candy machine, all which we can no longer use with the new food rules. We also had about 6 games that one of our teachers borrowed each year from her church, which she can not get again this year. Soooooo, basically our large dance has been downsized a LOT! Since no teacher signed up to do the dance, the Spirit Club offered. 
Seriously, besides dancing and face painting, we are at a loss of what else we can do to make this special. Had you asked me in the past years if our Halloween party revolved around food I would have said NO way, but.... I guess, technically it did. If anyone has ideas of "free" or close to free ideas for 175 kids in an outdoor quad area (not to mention what might happen if it rains!) I would love to hear them! In exchange I am giving away a fun matching skeleton worksheet. You can pick which level you want to do with your kids. Please, please, please throw us some ideas, we are desperate!!!

You can pick up you free copy here

Hope your week is going great so far!

2 comments:

  1. Square dancing!
    http://www.amazon.com/Educational-Activites-ETACD68-Ready-Square/dp/B0002GFMWI/ref=sr_1_6?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1413294409&sr=1-6&keywords=square+dancing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teaching square dancing to 175 seems SCARY to me, lol. I have always wanted to do it with my kids though but didn't really know any dances. That cd has great reviews! thank you, going to have to get me one!

    ReplyDelete