Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Community Logo's

I'm having a blast putting together these fun Velcro book for the kids.  Here are two using logos found in the community.  I picked stores in my community that my kids would be familiar with.  I can easily change one or more of them if they don't match stores near you.  I was fortunate to find this clear Velcro at Walmart so the kids can still see the picture through the Velcro.  It was in the sewing sections and came in about half inch circles.  My kids are mostly non-readers so this way they can see where to return the picture when they are done  
with the book.  Kind of like getting two lessons in one!  I added an extra sheet that has no picture, just the word, in case you have readers and thing that will be more beneficial to them. There has been quite a bit on interest in them in my classroom and with a bit of prompting and help all my kids have been able to do them.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Community-Logo-Activities-970170



Have a great rest of your week!  

12 comments:

  1. Wow! I love this idea. I have one student who has really being working on his functional reading within the community setting and this seems perfect for him. Great idea again.
    Katie Montegary
    Life Skills Teacher NJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. very functional I would love to try this with my students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Email me your email address and I will send it to you. Empoweredbythem@aol.com

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea!!! My kids would benefit so much from this activity. Thanks for sharing contactmissheymiss@gmail.com

    Michelle
    http://www.missheymisss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this activity. I am graduating in 2 weeks and am working a maternity leave in a high school transition setting. I am so excited and love this idea. You can contact me at Crystal.Gulledge@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it!
    schjenni@cassiaschools.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you change the pizza to little ceasers and the bottom one to Dairy Queen?

      Delete
  7. These are some awesome books you've made!! I wish I could be as creative as some of the things I see online. My email is jlwood08@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love a copy of this activity to use with my life skills high schoolers. Could you change Dick's to Kmart or Walmart?
    Thanks so much! I am using many of your ideas in my classroom!
    Stephb27@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the requests everyone! I was out of town and will get the personalized ones done either today or tomorrow and get them back out to you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. If you are still sharing these, I would love one. Thanks for all if your wonderful ideas! You are very creative! Lnmiller15@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you have a lot collections of logo's. We can see any product logo. With that, I am like to share my Termite Inspection Services in San Diego. These service save your mold errors.

    ReplyDelete