Saturday, September 26, 2015

Grocery Store - UPDATE!!!

 Our first lesson in our mini grocery store is complete! My boss was gracious enough to find me the shelving and it's perfect! We also have a grocery store going out of business locally and they sold me the three baskets for 5 bucks each! 
The cards are in three levels, each level containing 3 cards. Green has 5 grocery items, yellow 10, and red 15. They will have to master each level (all three cards) to move on. I also laminated the answer cards and set them in the little tray on the register along with a dry erase marker that has been velcroed on. 

I'm anxious for the kids to begin!

Update: I have posted the lists in my store to save myself some time emailing them. Click HERE!

7 comments:

  1. I have been trying to set up a grocery system in our class kitchen, just using the cupboards we have. I asked our school staff for empty containers and got tons of donations. I have not had time to set up a system using these or other items yet so this would be perfect! I would totally love it if you would sell this in your store!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you're ready let me know and I can email the cards to you in powerpoint so you can change them to items you have.

      Delete
    2. Karen, is there anyway I could get the cards too for my class or can i buy them? My e-mail is teachkim@aol.com

      Delete
    3. I emailed them to you Kim. I also posted them in my store for easy accessibility. The link is above just in case you don't get it.

      Delete
  2. Karen where did you get the grocery items! They are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are all from Melissa and Doug! I was able to get them through DonorsChoose!

      Delete
  3. Hi! I was curious what you use the answer key sheets for? Prices? I'm struggling with getting my grocery store going and love this information!! Thanks!
    Joey

    ReplyDelete