Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Blank Canvas


 I finally got to spend a little time in my new classroom yesterday.  Here are the before pictures!  It's funny, I had been to the room once before and in my mind of picturing what I was going to do, and where I was going to put things, I made the room much smaller in my head.  There is sooooo much empty areas, and so much empty wall space, I am not sure I will be able to fill it all!   I really want to have a little cooking/kitchen area, a small reading area and a craft area.   I spent 4 hours there yesterday.  I unpacked about 6 boxes, worked on the bulletin board and moved a few thing around.  This is going to be a longer process than I thought.  The desk you see will be gone today, I guess it belongs to another teacher and he wants it back.  I have asked for a few bookshelves, another cabinet, another filing cabinet and a desk.  I hope I won't have to wait until right before school starts to finish unpacking!  If you have any pointers or tips, I would LOVE to hear them, especially in filling in wall space. 


2 comments:

  1. I hope you get what you need in time. It's never fun starting the year on last minutes notice.
    Good luck,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michelle, unfortunately I don't think I will get things until everyone comes back to work (3 days before school starts). Even than, I hope they can find me something before the kids start! And, thanks for the post, it's the first one I have ever had!

    ReplyDelete